§ 1106-1-R1. Registered Home Improvement Contractor  

Latest version.
  • "Registered Home Improvement Contractor" shall mean:

    Any person or entity directly engaged in any work by the OBC or CBC involving the repair, replacement, remodeling, alteration, conversion, modernization, improvement, or addition to any land or building, or that portion thereof which is used or designed to be used as a private residence or dwelling place for one, two and three family dwellings and buildings, structures or sites associated therewith governed by the OBC or the CBC; and shall include, but not be restricted to, the construction, replacement, or improvement of driveways, swimming pools, porches, garages, fallout shelters and other improvements to structures or upon land which is adjacent to a dwelling house. "Home improvement contractor" shall not include any person, business or company engaged in:

    (1) The construction of a new home building or work done by a contractor in compliance with a guarantee of completion of a new building project, or

    (2) The sale of goods or materials by a seller who neither arranges to perform nor performs directly or indirectly any work or labor in connection with the installation of or application of the goods or materials.

(Ordained by Ord. No. 0406-2007, § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 2008)