§ 9.4. Amendments  

Latest version.
  • Amendments to ordinances made on the floor of council after the first reading shall be indicated by the clerk on the original ordinance.

    When a resolution or ordinance is referred to a committee, it may be reported back with a recommended substitute for the legislation. The chair shall state the question on the substitute recommended by the committee.

    The clerk shall note on the document that it is substitute legislation. The original legislation may be placed on the calendar for indefinite postponement.